This year I have opened up the participation of what sorts of games might be involved as well as supported activities.
GAME SYSTEMS ALLOWED:
- Your article, product, podcast, public game etc. must focus on Original Dungeons & Dragons or one of it's derivatives.
- Derivative systems refer to systems based directly upon OD&D, including: Swords & Wizardry, Delving Deeper, Iron Falcon, Warriors of the Red Planet, etc.
- Derivatives of the derivatives will also be accepted: White Star, Crypts & Things, The Hero's Journey etc.
- Additionally I will accept Holmes basic and Blueholme, as the Holmes version of the game was intended as a cleaned up, easy access version of the original game.
- The following will NOT be accepted: Basic/Expert, BECMI, Rules Cyclopedia, AD&D or any direct derivatives of these. I know there are those that count all "Basic" versions of the game as OD&D, but that is not our definition here, or for the purposes of this day. Only the Original game from 1974, it's supplements and derivatives of these (and compatible materials, supplements and modules) will be accepted.
This year, I am putting out the call for PUBLIC OE GAMES! If you want to run a game publicly, either in person at a store or online on OERAD (May 5th) it would be a fantastic way to get these systems in front of people and help garner interest.
Submitting a game to be played publicly on OERAD: If you want to submit a game, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN Saturday April 28th! The subject line should real "OERAD Public Game." I will get a post up by Monday April 30th with listings on locations and hangout games that will be available for public attendance.
If you are creating a blog, podcast, new product or sale for the day, these are your guidelines:
- Write a post, article, free pdf, podcast etc. related to OD&D, accepted systems listed above, or get a sale going with product you already have or announce a new release..
-Email me with a link to you blog, website etc. By 12:00PM Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, May 5th. Email both your link and title/sale.
-Make the subject of your email: "OERAD Post (or sale)" and the blog/site title. Send email to: email@example.com
-Make sure to have the actual post/sale by 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on May 5th. IF POSSIBLE GET POSTS TO ME BEFORE THIS SO THAT I CAN PLAN APPROPRIATELY.
-I will have all links and titles posted here on the blog around 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on May 5th.